Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bowl Season Uni Tourney - Sweet 16

First 4 matchups of the Sweet 16....

Alabama vs. Iowa

The Tide rolls in with some basic, yet classic, unis. They keep it simple. Meanwhile, Iowa rolls in with a more detailed style, but classic nonetheless.





Breaking this down, I'd say they tie in the helmet department. Bama gets the slight edge in the jersey department, especially if I do the ol' "Which jersey would I want to wear?" test. And quite frankly, the thick black stripe on the pants gets to me. Bama wins a close one, unlike the national championship game.

Winner: Alabama

MTSU vs. BYU

This isn't much of a contest. MTSU got by some easy matchups with Southern Miss and TCU. Here BYU's classic style just blows them out of the water. See ya, Cinderella.





Winner: BYU

Ole Miss vs. SMU

Here's where I get to rip on Ole Miss. They have a case of the NY Giants - perhaps this has to do with Eli. Let me explain. There's no link between jersey and pants. And helmet and jersey. On their own, they all represent pretty sweet uniform elements. Together, not so much. (The same thing is happening with the NY Giants - especially their road unis.)

Meanwhile, SMU just continues to impress.





Winner: SMU

South Florida vs. Florida

Finally, these teams square off! South Florida went white helmet and it got me all giddy. It continues to. Florida, on the other hand, comes in with a classic set. But I'm left to yearn for that white helmet they wore against FSU and again in the SEC Championship game. It showed me what levels they could reach in uniform stardom. Damn, it's tough to go against the Gators here. Looks like I just did.





Winner: South Florida

Next 4 Sweet 16 matchups in a little bit...

No comments: