Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

I'm an Adult. I'm Jewish. I play in the Adult Jewish Basketball League - Game 8

This one was a nailbiter at the end, and it didn't have to be.

The other team only put 5 out there, and we had our full squad of 7. They slowed us down in the first half, and we also couldn't hit shots, so we found ourselves down 26-16 at the half.

I preached to my team that it would turn around and that we were getting good looks. With a little more pressure, we'd be in this thing. I knew the 5 or so 3-pointers the other team knocked down in the first half wouldn't keep up either. I was right.

We extended our zone and pressured at half court, causing a lot of standing around by the other team. We went on a 7-0 run to start the second half and got ourselves right back in there. I think the other guys hit one 3-pointer, too. We won a close one, 39-37.

I played solid defense throughout, although I gave up that one long bomb in the second half that tied it up late. They zoned us up, which I hate. When I did penetrate, I couldn't finish. I did still land a few offensive rebounds, though. Possessions are important in this game. I did have a few nice assists.


Free throw update: 0-0. 10.0% on the season.

Stat line: 0 pts, ~4 assists, ~4 rebounds.

Uni-tracker: White jersey, Blue Nike Dri-Fit shorts, "Juniper" undershirt.

Team record: 6-2.

PPG: 47.1
Opp PPG: 43.6

No comments: