Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm an Adult. I'm Jewish. I play in the Adult Jewish Basketball League - Game 10

For the second straight game, we allowed only 12 points in the first half. The problem this time was that we couldn't score much more. We were up 14-12 at the half after a lackluster offensive performance. We weren't able to get out on the break and convert in our half court offense. Thankfully, the other team didn't pose a threat from outside, so our zone was once again very effective.

Enter the second half. Our starting guard sat herself (yup, I said "herself" - the only woman in the entire league - and she'll kick your ass, too) so I had an opportunity to run the point. I went on to play the best 4 minutes of the season, and quite possibly my life. We went on a 14-3 run to blow it open in those 4 minutes, led by my 6 points and about 4 assists. Pretty sure I accounted for every basket. We were able to run on them at will. The skies opened up. It was a great feeling.

We got a little tight for some reason as the chatter picked up and the other team actually said out loud "it's time to make our run." The thing is, I seemed to be the only one relaxed and realizing that we still had control. They didn't come within 6 or 8 points the entire second half, and we "held on" to win 49-41. Safe to say we're a second half team - offensively at least.

I played my best game of the year. Was aggressive defensely all game. Picked up a couple steals. Was able to see the court all game, including a sweet no look pass underneath late in the first half. As our two best players will be out the next game or two, I'll have a chance to step it up again. I'm excited for that.

Free throw update: 1-2. 18.8% on the season.

Stat line: 9 pts, ~6 assists, ~3 rebounds, ~2 steals.

Uni-tracker: White jersey, Blue Nike Dri-Fit shorts, "Collaborative" undershirt.

Team record: 8-2.

PPG: 47.5
Opp PPG: 43.2

No comments: