Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'm an Adult. I'm Jewish. I play in the Adult Jewish Basketball League - Game 12

This was our last game with only 5 players, although we had to pick up a player from another team to make 5. Again, I played the whole game, but this time I felt good the entire time, so that's a good sign.

We held a lead for the entire first half, playing a man defense and doubling up on their top scorer the entire time. The only problem was, the guy we left alone hurt us with several baskets. We were able to run on them and it seemed we would tire them out for the rest of the game. We led 28-27 at halftime.

I personally shut down my guy for the second half (gave up two 3-pters in the first half), as he scored a mere point from a silly shooting foul called on me where I blocked his shot without even jumping. According to the ref, I didn't let him finish his follow through. Whatever.

Offensively, I was able to get to the rim a lot in this game, but I was forcing some passes and turned the ball over a few times. I also couldn't make some open lay-ups. You're shocked, I know. We didn't stay aggressive to the end, just as last game, and we blew a 6 point lead in the last few minutes of this one. We lost on a last second lay-up, 50-49. This one hurt a little more as it was against two guys I'm not a big fan of. But, again, we played well for what we had. And, again, it wasn't representative of our entire team. I'll take our competitiveness as a major plus as we're coming down the stretch.

Free throw update: 5-8. 33.3% on the season. I even made 2 in a row today!

Stat line: 9 pts, ~5 assists, ~4 rebounds, ~2 steals.

Uni-tracker: Blue jersey, Blue Nike Dri-Fit shorts, "Milwaukee" undershirt.

Team record: 8-4.

PPG: 46.8
Opp PPG: 43.4

No comments: