Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

I'm an Adult. I'm Jewish. I play in the Adult Jewish Basketball League - Game 14

This was our last regular season game, and it was a doozy! We had our entire team for this one, and we needed everyone's contributions.

The bad guys got out to a quick 10-2 lead, hitting a couple 3-pointers in the process. We didn't know what hit us, but we settled in and scored a few baskets to get right back in the game. Actually, we went on a 33-11 run (but who's counting?) to get out to a 14 point lead and held on to a 42-38 halftime lead. This could have been the final score in many games in this league. I wouldn't say the defenses were even that bad. It's just that both teams were running and gunning and converting.

As for me, I converted a 3-point play the old fashioned way right off the bat. I was able to get out on the break and score two more easy buckets to have 7 points at halftime. My defense was solid, too.

The second half was a lot closer, with neither team taking that big of a lead. It was see-saw for a while, which lead to some great basketball. There was a lot of physical play and chatter out there, and I'd say this was a thoroughly enjoyable game throughout. I was complimented by the other team 2 or 3 times on my speed and general "blow-by-ability". One guy even yelled out "let me pick up my shorts" after I blew past him for an easy lay-up.

As the game neared its conclusion, I grabbed a crucial rebound and hit 1 of 2 free throws to make it a 3-point margin. We held on to win, 69-66. A very high scoring affair indeed!

We finished the regular season with 10 wins, which should put us as a 2 or 3 seed in this league. Playoffs begin in a week.

Update on the wrist: All good!

Another update: Another double-digit game!

Free throw update: 2-3. 35.5% on the season. Felt good out there!

Stat line: 12 pts, ~2 assists, ~2 rebounds, 1 block.

Uni-tracker: White jersey, Blue Nike Dri-Fit shorts, "Collaborative" undershirt.

Team record: 10-4.

PPG: 49.9
Opp PPG: 44.9

No comments: