Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

I'm an Adult. I'm Jewish. I play in the Adult Jewish Basketball League - Game 13

Today we were missing our big man, but the other team was missing their speedy point guard. Fair's fair, right? You'd think with their really tall big man, they'd have an advantage on the boards. They didn't. You'd also think we would be able to run on them at will. We did.

This one was pretty ugly early on, as we got out to a 12-4 lead and ran them ragged to a 35-21 halftime lead. I got out on the break plenty of times, scoring 3 lay-ups and making a free throw as well. I picked up 3 or 4 steals in the first half alone, pestering them on every possession.

We won this one easily, 67-42. Our defense was great. We rebounded. We ran on them. A lot. Not much more to say. I guess I'd trade speed for inside presence any day.

One more regular season game and then it's onto the playoffs. We got our two best players back today, which made it all the easier to carry out this ass-whoopin'.

Note: I drew a charge. That was fun. My left wrist is a little sore. We'll see how this plays out.

Another note: I scored double-digits in points. Finally!

Free throw update: 1-4. 32.1% on the season. I'll chalk this up to being out of practice.

Stat line: 11 pts, ~4 assists, ~3 rebounds, ~5 steals.

Uni-tracker: White jersey, Blue Nike Dri-Fit shorts, "Juniper" undershirt.

Team record: 9-4.

PPG: 48.4
Opp PPG: 43.3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

why don't you ever post about your jewish softball team? i think you should be changing the title of your blog to: "i'm an adult. i'm jewish. i play sports with jewish people."

make it happen.