Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

I'm an Adult. I'm Jewish. I play in the Adult Jewish Basketball League - Game 9

We faced the first place team in this one. Their only loss came to us earlier in the year - the game I helped win with what had been my only made free throw on the year.

This one got off to a great start. We extended our zone defense really well and they weren't able to knock down their outside shots. We were also able to run on them effectively. At halftime, we were up 21-12.

I was aggressive from the start, as they threw a man-to-man defense at us. With my new way of shooting, I didn't hit any outside shots, but found the confidence to shoot the ball from mid-range and in. Had a sweet tip-in off a missed shot that got me fired up.

We held a solid 9-to-11 point lead throughout the second half, as the game became more physical, but the other guys couldn't put together a run. Instead, they argued every call and tried to push us around. I stayed out of that, and remained aggressive the whole game on both sides of the ball. I still have Knoblauch-like yips when I go to the rim, though, and I missed an easy lay-up in the second half. My next project should be "100 Lay-Ups".

We won, 49-42 and moved into a tie for first.

Free throw update: 1-4. New technique is working - just have to build confidence with it. 14.3% on the season.

Stat line: 7 pts, ~1 assists, ~4 rebounds, ~1 steal.

Uni-tracker: Blue jersey, White AND1 shorts, plain white undershirt.

Team record: 7-2.

PPG: 47.3
Opp PPG: 43.4

No comments: