Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'm an Adult. I'm Jewish. I play in the Adult Jewish Basketball League - Game 11

We knew we'd only have 5 tonight, and unfortunately that didn't include two of our best players. A good showing was important and a win, in my opinion, would only be icing.

The other team only had 5 as well, so we had hope going in. Played a man defense all game, which I think really helped us with rebounding. We got out to a slow start as we always seem to. I ran the point and penetrated a little bit. Wasn't able to find our big man inside, as they were doubling him up a lot. We were trailing 23-15 at the half.

In the second half, we stepped it up. Found our big guy earlier and more often. Tried to get out on the break as often as we could, although I was the catalyst for that and wasn't always keeping up. I did step it up and we made a run to then take the lead halfway through the second half.

I was able to penetrate, but unable to finish. Story of my life. Got a few steals and some offensive boards where I could to extend possessions. Around the 3 minute mark, I was a bit woozy from playing the entire game and hustling a lot more. We tried to stall with the lead and I was unable to convert a lay-up late in the game. They got the ball back in the final seconds and my guy scored off a missed steal attempt by me - I had it!!! Oh well. We lost 39-37.

Tough loss. I asserted myself on both ends. Had some really nice assists and was able to see the court well on the offensive end. Got my feet - that's right, my feet - on 3 balls during the game. I was very active on the defensive end, even picking up a couple blocks, too. My team was down after the game - I was disconcerted with this, as I know I hustled and put myself out there. I was the only sub-40 player out there for us tonight, and I'm the one with the perspective? Something to be said about people that can't handle losing this late in their lives. I promise not to let this keep me down. We should all be proud of how we were able to come back in this one and pull together as a team without our two best players. That, to me, is what it's all about and will prove valuable in the playoffs.

The "100 Lay-up" project needs to happen. I am consistently among the quicker guys out there but I can't finish when I get to the rim. Gotta work on that.

Free throw update: 0-0. 18.8% on the season.

Stat line: 4 pts, ~6 assists, ~4 rebounds, ~3 steals, 2 blocks.

Uni-tracker: Blue jersey, Blue Nike Dri-Fit shorts, "Collaborative" undershirt.

Team record: 8-3.

PPG: 46.5
Opp PPG: 42.8

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice quintupal single!